(for the Province of Ontario, Updated November 14, 2013)
- Marriage Licences are issued only to the bride and/or groom.
- Both parties must sign the Marriage Licence Application.
- Two pieces of identification are required by all applicants applying
for a marriage licence. An original birth certificate or valid passport
, any change of name certificates, record of immigrant landing or
Canadian Citizenship card plus photo identification for both parties,
regardless of whether both parties will be present.
- The Licence fees in Ontario cost $125.00 payable by Cash, Interac or Certified Cheque.
- Licences will be issued during normal business hours.(8:30am - 4:00pm)
- If you have been divorced within Canada, the original or court certified
copy of the Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce from the court
where the divorce was granted is required.
- If you were divorced outside of Canada, please request foreign divorce
- There are no residency, medical, or citizenship requirements.
- A marriage licence is valid for use anywhere in Ontario for a period of (3)
months from the date of issuance.
- Sixteen and Seventeen year olds require both parents consent.
( please see licence issuer for proper form )
- Allow approximately 12 - 16 weeks from the date of marriage before applying
for a marriage certificate.
Licence Application Form
Niagara and Hamilton Area Municipal Offices
|Niagara Falls City Hall
4310 Queen Street.
P.O. box 1023
Niagara Falls, Ontario
|St. Catharines City Hall
50 Church Street.
P.O. box 3012
|Fort Erie Town Hall
1 Municipal Center
|Port Colborne City Hall
66 Charlotte Street,
Port Colborne, Ontario
|City of Welland
60 East Main Street,
905-735-1700 ext. 2155
|City of Hamilton
71 Main Street West,
|City of Burlington
426 Brant Street,
|City of Oakville
1225 Trafalgar Road,
|Town of Grimsby
160 Livingston Avenue,
905-945-9634 ext 2039
Copyright©2013 Site design and maintained
by Niagara Wedding Helper.com
Any Inquires, comments or information may be forwarded to: